First off, I can't even begin to express how sorry I am that this has taken SO LONG for me to write. I was practically pulling my hair out while trying to pick winners; there are so many impressive entries that it was extremely difficult to pick just three!
So in light of that, at the last minute I've decided to add a fourth place
. Since this is so sudden, I'm afraid that I don't have any assortment of prize donations available except from me, so I hope that's alright!
With that out of the way, I'd also like to say that I was tremendously pleased with all the entries! Thank you so much everyone who entered! Again, picking winners was extremely difficult because you've all blown me away with some really fantastic work! (:
Anyway, enough of my yammering-- Here are the winners!
- This is GORGEOUS. All the details show that an insane amount of time and effort went into this piece! The colour scheme is wonderful as well. Really, the only gripe I had was that she didn't submit the clean-image version instead: [link]
. It's so much easier to see the detail, even though I understand that the former format was because this was meant to be a print for a dress. Regardless, beautiful textures and overall image!
- A brand new pink Baby, The Stars Shine Bright tote bag from ~Ruin-HCI
I don't have a personal photo on me, but here's how it looks like: [link]
- This was one of my absolute favourites from the very start. I love the clean lines and colour; I can't believe it was mainly done in just pen! The design overall is just fantastic and I love the way the red pops.
Line art request
Headshot watercolour request
- I fell in love with this design. It's so ridiculously cute, especially the colour scheme! You don't see deep forest greens used in lolita too often, but it looks great here. I also love the fact that she was the only one who used Peter Pan for her fairy tale, which is something I hadn't really expected to see. The caplet is super adorable, and the classic-lolita esque pattern used on the clothing works surprisingly well for a design this whimsical. Not to mention THAT LEAF BAG. I need it in my life right now, haha.
Chibi copic sketch
Coloured waistup copic request
Waistshot watercolour request
- Where do I start? Great photography, great setting, and great outfits! Really fantastic work on the parts of both the photographer and model. I really felt the characters come through in these. I'm head-over-heels for Snow White's outfit. It's really just the most perfect mixture of the Fairy Tale original outfit and lolita, without it looking too costumey. The step-mother is also impressive as well; I really like the velvety cloak/hood, and the shot of her close-up does a great job of making her look like a true villain!
Full colour request + 3 month subscription
Copic fullbody sketch
Full colour request
Coloured headshot sketch
Full colour request
Fullbody watercolour request
Request + feature on blog and comic
And of course, I think some honorable mentions are due! (in no particular order)
I was really impressed with the dynamic perspective and energy in this piece!
You can really tell that a lot of consideration was put into designing her outfit to reflect the story.
Entry: [link] [link] [link]
Really loved the concept of these. It's adorable and elegant, and just a bit morbid.
Fantastic entry. I love the painterly look, and the colours are gorgeous.
Again, thank-you thank-you thank-you to everyone who entered! I was so extatic by all the entries we received; great job everyone!
All winners will have their work moved into our "Featured" folder.
I'd also appreciate any feedback, since this is I think the...second contest(?) held in this group. Is there anything you would like to change? More winning places? Categories depending on mediums used? A voting system to choose winners? Do you like these contests and look forward to another one in the future? All input is appreciated!One last note to the winners and prize donators:
If you are a prize donator and donated a prize, please contact the winner(s) listed that you were put down for. It is YOUR responsibility to contact them and tell them what they've won, and to follow through with it!
If you are one of the place holders, and don't get contacted by a person listed who was supposed to give you a prize, please contact them after week or so to inquire about it. They may have just missed this entry.
If any issues come up after that, please contact us. I would like to be able to make a note of people who didn't follow through on their prize donations, but also please be lenient if they tell you they have time constrictions that may slow down them being able to finish your prize in a timely manner. (school, work, etc)
If you placed and won a physical item, but are uncomfortable with giving away your address, please let me know (either the prize donator, or winner can tell us). It will be passed down to the next willing placeholder. Remember, if you are the prize donator, it's in good taste to also pay for shipping fees as well.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask me, thank you everyone!